-->

When in Wales...

11:43

In September, myself and seventy-six others made our way to North Wales for a four day Geography Trip. The sole purpose of this trip was to collect data for our coursework. So in other words, seventy-seven students from Greater London trudged over to North Wales, to dig up some soil and put in it a microwave for a few minutes; why? Because data collection. 
Although the trip involved early mornings and hard work, followed by more work and even later evenings, the trip itself was a lot better than expected. Although we did have very low expectations... But in between the bagging of soil and the measuring of gradients, there were a few very lovely moments spent with lovely people who I have had the joy of knowing for the past five years.  
Simmy and Moi (feat. Rachel's fabulous photography!)
Despite being in one of the most remote, signal-less, wifi-less spots in North Wales, the trip itself was quite refreshing. I suppose there's something about sitting on a sand dune amongst prickly marram grass in the pouring rain with your geography class that's slightly pleasant. And I think it's fair to say that I now understand the phrase 'soggy sandwiches' on a very personal level!

Wales is such a beautiful place. We stayed in Snowdonia National Park and the sites there were so scenic and picturesque! I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to visit Wales as I had never been before and I know many people have very little opportunity to travel and visit new places.

So although the trip was utterly exhausting, it is one I will never forget as we had so many lovely moments of playing cards and going to bed late and taking selfies and drawing in the sand with poles and hiking up dunes and falling down them again just for the sake of collecting some soil.

Professional sand-pole writing by Katie
Feat. Jellyfish, dead or alive - unspecified.
Simmy

Where to find me -
For business inquiries:
painttherosesred123@gmail.com  


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I am so grateful for all your support and such amazing company throughout this trip. You look so beautiful in these photos and you make me incredibly happy! Xx I love you!

    www.simmyhoonjan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you fave! Xx thank you for being so wonderful and supportive! Xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely trip. :) I always enjoy reading posts about travels and adventures.

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews