-->

Multi-Coloured Summer Nail Tutorial

18:26

Hey!
Lately I have been painting my nails a lot and I have recently been using a really fun multi-coloured design. So today I thought I would show you how to recreate this design. It's ridiculously easy, so don't worry if you haven't had much practice at painting your nails!

You will need the following:
4-5 different colours of nail polish
A clear base and top coat
A few pieces of paper

The colours I am using are:
Venus Fly Trap - Topshop
37 Lilacism - Essie
06 Deep Red - Maybelline
Whisper (Matte) - Topshop
83 Pink Bikini - Colour Show, Maybelline

First, paint your nails with a clear base coat and let them dry.

Then you are going to need to take your first chosen colour. If you want to use a base colour feel free to do so, however I haven't. 

Before you paint your nails, wipe the brush onto the piece of paper. It will feel really strange doing this as usually you tend to want the nail polish to actually go directly onto your nail, but we will get to that in a minute.

Once the nail polish brush has hardly any nail polish left on it, you are going to want to paint your nail. By not having too much polish on the brush you are creating a streaky effect. Do this on all of your nails.

The good thing about doing this is that as you have so little polish on your nails, it takes hardly any time for them to dry!

Next, you can go in with another colour. Do exactly the same thing as before and create a streaky look on all of your nails. Continue doing this with all of your colours; you can use as many as you like.

Once you have finished this, use a top coat to give your nails a glossy look to them.

And that's it! I told you it was simple!!

Let me know in the comments what you thought of this tutorial! :)

xoxo Ellen

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Let me know what you think of this nail tutorial! :) xoxo Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I never thought of doing it that way before. I will definitely be trying this out! x

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews